Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Katelyn & Kyle: UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center

Of course it's only July and I've already fallen behind on my blog updates!  I have to thank my mom for       spreading my name around to all the brides-to-be at Lowell General Hospital, because this is how I met Katelyn.  Katelyn was such a sweet bride to work with, and she came up with such a fun summer color scheme for her and her bridesmaid's bouquets. 


When discussing the flowers for the bouquets, Katelyn asked that each bouquet have a single yellow daffodil in it to honor their friend who had passed away.  Because daffodils are not available in June, we decided to use a single yellow calla lily in each bouquet.  I was truly honored to create something that had such a special meaning behind it.

The bride's bouquet was made up of peonies, roses, calla lilies, hydrangea, button poms and iris.
The MOH bouquet had hot pink roses to stand out from the rest of the bridesmaid bouquets.
The bridesmaids carried roses, hydrangea, calla lilies, and button poms in a citrus color scheme.

The centerpieces were simple and elegant, made up of one submerged stem of white cymbidium orchids with a floating candle on top.

Colorful arrangements were placed on the altar at the church, and also on the card table at the reception.

Katelyn and Kyle, thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment